Wak-a-Tube flats and sharps bass octave set
£32.00 (inc VAT)
Age 5 - 18+
- Instruments 5
- Players 5
- L 15cm x W 18cm x H 131cm
- Stock: 47
- Accidentals expansion pack for bass octave
- Fills in the 5 missing flats and sharps in the PP793 set
- Fun and easy for musicians of all ages to play together
- Part of the Percussion Plus Colour Matching Note System
- Made in the UK
This is the Wak-a-Tubes Flats and Sharps Bass Octave set, consisting of 5 tubes, producing all the sharps and flats you need to make your C Major CM-PP793 Base Octave set into a fully chromatic one-octave scale. The tubes are pitched: C#(Db)28, D#(Eb)30, F#(Gb)33, G#(Ab)35, and A#(Bb)37.
What are Wak-a-Tubes?
Wak-a-Tubes are brightly coloured percussion instruments made from different lengths of plastic tubing. Each different length has a different pitch/note and a different colour. They’re fun and easy for musicians of all ages to play, and they’re a simple and inexpensive introduction to western scale music making. And they’re virtually indestructible!
Wak-a-Tubes are manuactured in the Percussion Plus workshops in Leicestershire and are supplied in multi-use packaging made of 100% recyclable materials.
How do you play?
You can whack them against a hard or firm surface (such as your knee), hit them against each other, or lay them out on a flat surface and hit them with plastic or wooden beaters. For the best tone, strike the playing surface a few inches from the end of the tube.
The bigger the tube, the lower its pitch. You can produce chords/harmony by hitting two different length tubes against each other.
You can experiment with dynamics (volume) and timbre by varying the material the tubes are hit against, and the speed with which they are struck.
Using Wak-a-tubes in groups
Playing Wak-a-Tubes in a group is a great way to learn about teamwork and ensemble musicianship, while having lots of fun. This has made them very popular with schools. They are also widely used in corporate team building exercises and events due to the universal appeal of bright colours and noise! The simple playing technique breaks down barriers to creativity and levels the playing field, allowing the least and the most musically inclined to play and have fun together.
Taking care of your tubes
Don’t hit the tubes against abrasive surfaces, as this could damage or deform them. Don’t bend the tubes or use excessive force. The use of dedicated beaters such as the PP064 will help to prolong the life of your set. The tubes can be kept clean with a soft, damp cloth and mild soap if necessary. Always store the tubes indoors and away from direct sunlight.
The complete range of tubes spans a fully chromatic 2 octaves (from C3-C5), but it’s possible to extend this down a further octave (to C2) by adding Wak-a-Caps. Adding a Way-a-Cap takes the pitch of any tube down one octave.
There are a number of sets available which can be combined as required:
- CM-PP790 C Major diatonic scale set 8 notes C40 to C52, lengths from 12” to 24”
- CM-PP791 Chromatic set 5 sharps and flats within the octave C40 to C52, combine with PP790 for a fully chromatic octave
- CM-PP793 Bass diatonic set Extend your PP790 diatonic set down a further octave with this 7 note set from C28 to B39, lengths from 24” to 48”
- CM-PP794 Bass chromatic set 5 sharps and flats within the octave C28 to C40, combine with PP793, PP790 and PP791 for a fully chromatic 2 octave set
- CM-PP795 C Major pentatonic scale set 6 notes C40, D42, C44, G47, A,49 and C52, a sound introduction to simple music harmony as all notes in the pentatonic scale sound great when played together!
- Individual notes If you are playing in a specific key or tonality, you can customise your selection of Wak-a-Tubes to suit your musical requirements
- CM-PP796 Classroom pack The one-stop solution to fill your classroom with Waky music! Set includes two diatonic octave sets CM-PP790, one set of accidentals CM-PP791, one set of Wak-a-Caps, additional single notes as well as two jingle sticks and a lollipop drum
- CM-PP792 Wak-a-Caps these clever little yellow end caps transpose the Wak-a-Tube down an octave upon fitting. Great to extend the range of your Wak-a-Tube collection even further and compatible with the full range
- CM-PP797 Wak-a-Rap This helpful carrying tote secures for travel, and can be used to lay out your set like a xylophone for playing with beaters
- CM-PP798 Wak-a-Tube stand Designed to hold up to 13 tubes, this stand can accommodate a full chromatic octave of CM-PP790 and CM-PP791 sets
The Percussion Plus Colour Coded Range
Teaching a full class of young musicians is rewarding, but when everyone is playing different instruments we know it can be a challenge. Fortunately Wak-a-Tubes have the same colour coding as Percussion Plus chime bars, hand chimes, handbells, combo bells and some glockenspiels, so it’s easy to coordinate a group of mixed instruments just by calling out the colour. Using the colour code system anyone can play a tune by themselves o r in a group, without needing any knowledge of musical notation.
The tubes are colour-coded to match the following products:
Wak-a-Tube flats and sharps bass octave set (5 tubes)
The minimum warranty / manufacturers guarantee for products sold on this site us for a period of one year. Many products have a longer warranty period and this will be stated on the page where such products are advertised.
If the goods you receive are faulty please return them to us in their original condition within 30 days and we will either repair or replace them, or refund the cost of the goods. If the goods you receive are not what you ordered, please return them to us in their original condition within 14 days and we will either replace them with the goods you ordered, or refund the cost of the goods and carriage.
We work with a small number of specialist logistic companies to deliver your order quickly and economically. The delivery method varies, depending on your location and the size of the order, as follows:
Orders up to 5kg – Courier 2 to 3 working day delivery. This would typically include books, smaller instruments, percussion baskets and djembes up to 40cm.
Orders over 5kg – Courier, next working day delivery. Most orders are sent this way.
Large orders – Pallet service, 3 to 5 working day delivery. Used for large orders and those with more fragile contents.
- Above timings are from dispatch date. Time from placing your order will usually be one or two days longer, depending on the order and destination.
- Delivery to offshore or Highland addresses may take longer and may cost more than to UK mainland addresses and we’ll quote and agree the costs with you in advance. Please note that in these cases it’s fine to go ahead and place your order, and there’s no obligation on your part until the delivery costs have been quoted and accepted by you.
- For some destinations, where a courier service isn’t available, we may send by Royal Mail instead.
Orders weighing less than 1kg and not too bulky – Post Office Airmail. This would include books and smaller percussion instruments.
Orders weighing more than about 1kg and large orders – international courier or pallet service. We’ll obtain competitive quotes and agree these with you in advance.
Please note that it’s fine to go ahead and place your international order prior to confirming shipping costs, and that there’s no obligation on your part until the delivery costs have been quoted and accepted by you. Payment for international orders, including shipping costs, is required before dispatch of the goods.
Please let us know straight away if anything arrives damaged or otherwise in a substandard condition and we’ll be happy to replace it, refund the cost or provide you with an alternative product to your satisfaction. Speed is of the essence here as most courier companies will only accept responsibility for damage in transit if the damage is reported within 24 hours of delivery.
In the event of damage, please take photographs, including any damage to the packaging, and email these to us ASAP.
Similarly, if an instrument develops a fault within 12 months of purchase in the course of normal use (though excluding fair wear and tear), please let us know, and we’ll replace it or refund the cost. It’s also very helpful for us to see photos of the issue as this gives us solid information for changing the design, the production method or the packing materials.
But please do contact us before returning any damaged or substandard items. Once we’ve approved their return, please send to: Drums for Schools Limited, 21 Shaftesbury Avenue, Burton Joyce NG14 5GL
We really appreciate your feedback in the case of faults (or if you think an instrument could be improved in any way) and we take all such feedback very seriously indeed.
There are no reviews yet.