Frame Drum set of 7
£260.40 (inc VAT)
Age 3 - 18+
- Instruments 7
- Players 7
- Stock: 15
- 7 sizes of nesting frame drums: 20cm - 25cm - 30cm - 35cm - 40cm - 45cm - 50cm
- 7 double-sided plush and suede beaters
- Storage / carry bag with handle, external pocket and shoulder strap
- Perfect for all age ranges
- Brilliantly compact music-making resource
These Frame Drums – a nesting set of 7 – are beautifully hand-made drums from wooden frame and natural goat skin, come complete with 7 soft plush beaters and a practical storage / carry bag. The drums are both very light and easy to carry and are perfect for all age groups from preschool, through primary, secondary, to drumming circles and social settings.
The frame drum plays a central role in most musical cultures and it’s perfect for bringing out the joy and love of music and rhythm, as a therapeutic aid, in education and in corporate settings. The bigger sizes have an impressive deep, resonant tone and all the sizes are robust.
The Frame Drum set comprises seven sizes: 20cm – 25cm – 30cm – 35cm – 40cm – 45cm – 50cm, which nest together and pack away neatly into the storage / carry bag provided.
N.B. For SEN settings: Please put a note with your order to indicate that it is needed for an SEN setting, so that we know to include the relevant materials.
- 7 sizes of nesting frame drums: 20cm – 25cm – 30cm – 35cm – 40cm – 45cm – 50cm
- 7 double-sided plush and suede beaters
- storage / carry bag with handle, external pocket and shoulder strap
Hold the frame with both of your hand, with one of the thumb clipping inside the frame and one other holding outside of the frame to stabilize the drum. The drum has to be free to move a little while playing. It just needs some time to find the balance.
You reach towards the center of the drum, hit the skin and let your finger bounce off immediately. All the strokes with the right hand are done with a movement also from the wrist, not only the finger.
You can also lay the drum flat on the floor and play it from above in which case it would be good to have two soft beaters to play it. This is the way children can share the drum as well.
We work with a small number of specialist logistic companies to deliver your order quickly and economically. The delivery method varies, depending on your location and the size of the order, as follows:
Orders up to 5kg – Courier 2 to 3 working day delivery. This would typically include books, smaller instruments, percussion baskets and djembes up to 40cm.
Orders over 5kg – Courier, next working day delivery. Most orders are sent this way.
Large orders – Pallet service, 3 to 5 working day delivery. Used for large orders and those with more fragile contents.
- Above timings are from dispatch date. Time from placing your order will usually be one or two days longer, depending on the order and destination.
- Delivery to offshore or Highland addresses may take longer and may cost more than to UK mainland addresses and we’ll quote and agree the costs with you in advance. Please note that in these cases it’s fine to go ahead and place your order, and there’s no obligation on your part until the delivery costs have been quoted and accepted by you.
- For some destinations, where a courier service isn’t available, we may send by Royal Mail instead.
Orders weighing less than 1kg and not too bulky – Post Office Airmail. This would include books and smaller percussion instruments.
Orders weighing more than about 1kg and large orders – international courier or pallet service. We’ll obtain competitive quotes and agree these with you in advance.
Please note that it’s fine to go ahead and place your international order prior to confirming shipping costs, and that there’s no obligation on your part until the delivery costs have been quoted and accepted by you. Payment for international orders, including shipping costs, is required before dispatch of the goods.
Please let us know straight away if anything arrives damaged or otherwise in a substandard condition and we’ll be happy to replace it, refund the cost or provide you with an alternative product to your satisfaction. Speed is of the essence here as most courier companies will only accept responsibility for damage in transit if the damage is reported within 24 hours of delivery.
In the event of damage, please take photographs, including any damage to the packaging, and email these to us ASAP.
Similarly, if an instrument develops a fault within 12 months of purchase in the course of normal use (though excluding fair wear and tear), please let us know, and we’ll replace it or refund the cost. It’s also very helpful for us to see photos of the issue as this gives us solid information for changing the design, the production method or the packing materials.
But please do contact us before returning any damaged or substandard items. Once we’ve approved their return, please send to: Drums for Schools Limited, 21 Shaftesbury Avenue, Burton Joyce NG14 5GL
We really appreciate your feedback in the case of faults (or if you think an instrument could be improved in any way) and we take all such feedback very seriously indeed.