Caxixi – Cylinder
£7.50 exc VAT
- Instruments 1
- Players 1
- Stock: 5
The ‘Caxixi – Cylinder’ is a cylindrical version of the popular ‘Caxixi Basket Shaker’. It is made from woven rattan with coconut shell end pieces and beads inside.
If you’re using this product in an Early Years setting, please follow these Good Practice Guidelines.
Good Practice Guide
Early Years Musical Instruments & Music Kits
Please always remember that ‘Sound Children’ and ‘Drums for Schools’ Early Years products are musical instruments and NOT toys and should be used with young children only under the close supervision of responsible educationalists and carers. By following these simple guidelines you will ensure the children’s learning, development and enjoyment of playing music, as well as their safety.
- Bring the instruments out just for music sessions, and put them away afterwards (the children will love to help!). This keeps the instruments ‘special’ and it avoids any risk of them being damaged in the course of unsupervised play, without your realising it.
- Make sure your music sessions take place on a soft surface, whether inside or out.
- By your own example encourage the children to treat the little instruments as we treat full size orchestral instruments – with sensitivity, gentleness and care.
- Never allow children to play with any instrument unless closely supervised and don’t let any child suck or bite any part of any instrument.
- Don’t let a child of any age play any musical instrument aggressively, especially close the ear, as we must take care to avoid any risk to their hearing.
- After each music session, wipe down the instruments with a damp cloth if they’re grubby (fine to use a mild disinfectant solution) and check for any loose parts (tug on any strings) or cracks. If in any doubt, remove a damaged instrument from use and contact us for further advice (sending us a photo is a good start).
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org