Caxixi – Cylinder
£7.00 exc VAT
Age 3 - 18+
- Instruments 1
- Players 1
- Buddies 1
- Stock: 91
The ‘Caxixi – Cylinder’ is a cylindrical version of the popular ‘Caxixi Basket Shaker’. It is made from woven rattan with coconut shell end pieces and beads inside.
If you’re using this product in an Early Years setting, please follow these Good Practice Guidelines.
Good Practice Guide
Early Years Musical Instruments & Music Kits
Please always remember that ‘Sound Children’ and ‘Drums for Schools’ Early Years products are musical instruments and NOT toys and should be used with young children only under the close supervision of responsible educationalists and carers. By following these simple guidelines you will ensure the children’s learning, development and enjoyment of playing music, as well as their safety.
- Bring the instruments out just for music sessions, and put them away afterwards (the children will love to help!). This keeps the instruments ‘special’ and it avoids any risk of them being damaged in the course of unsupervised play, without your realising it.
- Make sure your music sessions take place on a soft surface, whether inside or out.
- By your own example encourage the children to treat the little instruments as we treat full size orchestral instruments – with sensitivity, gentleness and care.
- Never allow children to play with any instrument unless closely supervised and don’t let any child suck or bite any part of any instrument.
- Don’t let a child of any age play any musical instrument aggressively, especially close the ear, as we must take care to avoid any risk to their hearing.
- After each music session, wipe down the instruments with a damp cloth if they’re grubby (fine to use a mild disinfectant solution) and check for any loose parts (tug on any strings) or cracks. If in any doubt, remove a damaged instrument from use and contact us for further advice (sending us a photo is a good start).
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We work with a small number of specialist logistic companies to deliver your order quickly and economically. The delivery method varies, depending on your location and the size of the order, as follows:
Orders up to 5kg – Courier 2 to 3 working day delivery. This would typically include books, smaller instruments, percussion baskets and djembes up to 40cm.
Orders over 5kg – Courier, next working day delivery. Most orders are sent this way.
Large orders – Pallet service, 3 to 5 working day delivery. Used for large orders and those with more fragile contents.
- Above timings are from dispatch date. Time from placing your order will usually be one or two days longer, depending on the order and destination.
- Delivery to offshore or Highland addresses may take longer and may cost more than to UK mainland addresses and we’ll quote and agree the costs with you in advance. Please note that in these cases it’s fine to go ahead and place your order, and there’s no obligation on your part until the delivery costs have been quoted and accepted by you.
- For some destinations, where a courier service isn’t available, we may send by Royal Mail instead.
Orders weighing less than 1kg and not too bulky – Post Office Airmail. This would include books and smaller percussion instruments.
Orders weighing more than about 1kg and large orders – international courier or pallet service. We’ll obtain competitive quotes and agree these with you in advance.
Please note that it’s fine to go ahead and place your international order prior to confirming shipping costs, and that there’s no obligation on your part until the delivery costs have been quoted and accepted by you. Payment for international orders, including shipping costs, is required before dispatch of the goods.
Please let us know straight away if anything arrives damaged or otherwise in a substandard condition and we’ll be happy to replace it, refund the cost or provide you with an alternative product to your satisfaction. Speed is of the essence here as most courier companies will only accept responsibility for damage in transit if the damage is reported within 24 hours of delivery.
In the event of damage, please take photographs, including any damage to the packaging, and email these to us ASAP.
Similarly, if an instrument develops a fault within 12 months of purchase in the course of normal use (though excluding fair wear and tear), please let us know, and we’ll replace it or refund the cost. It’s also very helpful for us to see photos of the issue as this gives us solid information for changing the design, the production method or the packing materials.
But please do contact us before returning any damaged or substandard items. Once we’ve approved their return, please send to: Drums for Schools Limited, 21 Shaftesbury Avenue, Burton Joyce NG14 5GL
We really appreciate your feedback in the case of faults (or if you think an instrument could be improved in any way) and we take all such feedback very seriously indeed.