We’re delighted to announce that the winners are Joanna Anderson and pupils of Haydon Bridge High School.
Following on from our great Easter Egg Shaker Giveaway, we’ve launched two Creative Competitions, open to all UK children up to 16 years old, and with great prizes for the winners and for their schools. The deadline for entry has been extended and is now midnight on Friday 23rd July.
We’re thrilled to have joined forces with Music House for Children for these brilliant competitions, and we’re completely over the moon that their patron, the utterly fabulous Sophie Ellis-Bextor, will be judging the winners for us!!!
There are some great prizes: £100 musical instruments vouchers for the winners plus music-making kits for their schools or local community centres.
Don’t delay, enter today!
And for families with younger children
Music House for Children’s Once Upon a Song podcast has been created specially to support children’s language and creative musical play with stories old and new accompanied by songs, sounds and instrumental mayhem. Expect special young guests reading stories too!
Back to the competitions: there’s an egg decorating competition – “Best Dressed Egg” – and an egg shaking competition – “Best Performing Egg” – and they’re both fun, creatively stimulating and easy to enter.
And if you’re desperate to get your hands on some eggs, click here to see our best value egg collections: eggs for painting, egg making kits and lots of egg shaking sets.
1. Best Dressed Egg
We’re looking for the three most creatively decorated egg shakers. Any type or style of decoration is allowed. It can be crazy, serious, multi-colour, monotone . . . you can use pencil, crayon, wax, paint, glitter, engraving, collage . . . Surprise and astonish us with your creativity! The competition is open to any one of school age, home-schoolers too, and you don’t have to use Drums for Schools eggs shakers.
To enter the competition
1. Decorate an egg shaker
2. Take a photo of your decorated egg shaker
3. Upload a photo to your Instagram and tag @drumsforschools and #DfSBestDressedEgg
Uploads must be completed on or before midnight on Friday 23rd July. If you haven’t got an Instagram account, just send an email with subject “Best Dressed Egg Entry” to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your photo and including your name, school name and school postcode.
2. Best Performing Egg
We’re looking for the three best (most amazing, amusing and musical) video clips of two or more eggs (and the more the merrier!) making music together. The clips should be between 10 and 60 seconds long, so you may need to do some editing. The competition is open to any one of school age, home-schoolers too, and you don’t have to use Drums for Schools eggs shakers – any make is fine.
To enter the competition
1. Compose / jam a short piece of music using your egg shakers
2. Video your performance
3. Upload the video to your Instagram and tag @drumsforschools and #DfSBestPerformingEgg
Uploads must be completed on or before midnight on Friday 23rd July If you haven’t got an Instagram account, just upload your video to YouTube, Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud or other cloud hosting, and send an email with subject “Best Performing Egg Entry” to email@example.com and include the link, your name, school name and school postcode.
The competition will be judged on Friday 30th July and the results will be posted on this page and also on the Drums for Schools Instagram account. The winners will each receive a Drums for Schools voucher for £100 and be able to nominate a school or community centre to receive a further prize from the selection below. Prizes will be assigned by the judges to the winners’ nominated schools or community centre.
Prizes will include:
The winners will each receive a Drums for Schools voucher for £100 and be able to nominate a school or community centre to receive a further prize from the selection below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- No purchase is needed to enter the competitions.
- These competitions are open to any UK resident up to the age of 16 years.
- Entries must be received by midnight Friday 23rd July 2021. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Only one entry is allowed per person per competition. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- To enter the Best Performing Egg competition upload your video to your Instagram and tag @drumsforschools and #DfSBestPerformingEgg.
- To enter the Best Dressed Egg competition upload your photo to your Instagram and tag @drumsforschools and #DfSBestDressedEgg. If you haven’t got an Instagram account, send an email with subject “Best Dressed Egg Entry” or “Best Performing Egg Entry” to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the photo or include link to video.
- All correctly posted entries will be entered into the appropriate competition, which will be judged on Friday 7th May 2021
- The prizes are £100 Drums for Schools Vouchers for the winners plus the right to nominate their school or community centre to receive a set of musical instruments, to be allocated by the judges.
- The winners will be notified via Instagram on Monday 2nd August 2021.
- To obtain details of the winners please email email@example.com with “Egg Competition Winners” in the subject heading within 4 weeks after the closing date.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competitions, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of the competition.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this Promotion is submitted to the Promoter and not Instagram and you agree that Instagram shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this Promotion.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- By entering the competitions each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Drums for Schools Limited, 21 Shaftesbury Avenue, Burton Joyce NG14 5GL.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.