At Drums for Schools our overriding aim is to make music-making accessible to pupils and teachers, and so our teaching support is designed for teachers who don’t have a music speciality, as well as those who do.
Our Teaching Guides, Schemes of Work and Lesson Plans are written by experts for non-experts and they don’t assume any prior experience or training – not even the ability to read music. The same goes for our CPD training, which will give you a thorough, practice-based grounding in the chosen musical tradition, complementing the approach followed in the Teaching Guides.
Our range of support for World Music teaching include expertly written Teaching Guides, Schemes of Work, Lesson Plans, Background Articles, Audio and Video tracks, original CDs and DVDs from around the world plus CPD training by leading authorities and World Music workshops for pupils and staff.
For more information and to access our FREE downloads, please click on the links below:
African Drumming Teaching Support
- African Drumming Teaching Resources (including free downloads)
- African Drumming Student Workshops
- African Drumming Life Skills Programmes
Brazilian Samba Teaching Support
Caribbean Steel Pans Teaching Support
- Caribbean Steel Pans Teaching Resources (including free downloads)
- Caribbean Steel Pans Student Workshops
Indonesian Gamelan Teaching Support
- Indonesian Gamelan Teaching Resources (including free downloads)
- Indonesian Gamelan Student Workshops
- Indonesian Gamelan CDs & DVDs
Japanese Taiko Teaching Support
World Percussion Teaching Support