Workshop and CPD – Performance
£400.00 exc VAT
- Stock: 20
This all day ‘Workshop and CPD – Performance’ session is for schools who have made good progress with their Whole Class Ensemble Teaching in African Drumming, Brazilian Samba, Caribbean Steel Pans, Indonesian Gamelan or World Percussion and who are preparing for an end of term or other performance. The day’s programme is flexible and can be tailored to fit the school timetable and specific needs. We can include up to 6 class workshops and 2 CPD sessions with the aim of ensuring that everyone is properly prepared and ready for a show-stopping performance.
In the two CPD sessions (or a single, longer session) we’ll help your teachers identify strengths and weaknesses and we’ll suggest exercises to address these. We’ll also share some important performance techniques and help teachers to plan for the next stage. In the class workshops, with teachers participating or assisting, we’ll re-assess progress and show teacher and class how to use play-throughs, recordings and group rehearsal techniques.
What’s in it for the school?
- One day with DfS expert in-school: Class teachers will be trained in how to lead effective sessions for when the Drums for Schools experts are not present.
- Two 30 minute CPD sessions and six 40 minute class workshops per day: A total contact time of 5 hours per day. The breakdown here is illustrative, and sessions will be agreed in advance with the school. The staff CPD sessions can easily be rolled into a single longer session at the end of the school day.
- 180 pupils covered in total: Assumes 6 classes of 30 pupils each over the course of a day, plus staff.
- All Pupils Learn an Instrument: A single session will enable pupils to perfect the techniques learned so far.
- All Pupils develop Life Skills: Life Skills development is proportional to number of hours ensemble playing which can be built upon in the future.
- Coverage of the Elements of Music – UK/IB Syllabus: Some elements covered or highlighted during the day, which can assist with future compositional development.
- Teaching Guide: A hard copy and access to tablet versions of one of Andy Gleadhill’s Books relevant to the session is also provided as part of this package. Early Years contexts will receive resources created by annA rydeR.
- Online support: Audio Tracks, Support Videos, Lesson Plans, Cultural Background and other information are available to assist in a follow up capacity.