UK Student Workshops
£400.00 exc VAT
- Stock: 14
Workshop timings and topics can be tailored to your school’s needs and workshops for pupils can be combined with CPD training for staff (who are also welcome to attend the class workshops). One-to-one consultancy can also be factored in. Our goal is to transfer the essential expertise to staff and pupils as efficiently as possible.
PLEASE ORDER THIS ITEM IF YOU WISH TO BOOK A FULL DAY SESSION
Why Drums for Schools Workshops are different
- They’re designed for the classroom setting and take into account classroom facts of life, such as the need to engage every pupil (high, average and low achievers). Many other providers base their training on drumming workshop settings, which are very different.
- We use a hands-on “learning by playing” approach. This is an inclusive, accessible, student-centric approach.
- They’re highly flexible and can be tailored to each organisation’s requirements and address pupils’ and teachers’ needs.
- The potential scope is very wide and sessions can cover teaching a variety of world music traditions as well as a range of other music education topics.
- They’re particularly suitable for organisations that have Drums for Schools Class Packs of instruments as they dovetail with the Teaching Guides supplied with the packs and with the instruments.
- Workshops include access to an ongoing support programme for the teacher, so you’ll also be supported afterwards. This includes: direct email access for ongoing questions and advice; access to online audio and video examples, access to new articles and teaching notes via email.
And most important of all – the workshops will be delivered by Andy Gleadhill, who has
- 30 years of music education and performing experience
- Pioneered the use of world music traditions in the classroom
- Authored a range of acclaimed teaching guides
- Delivered workshops and CPD training for UK schools, music hubs and UK and international teacher training institutes
- Consistently achieved top ratings by delegates for the effectiveness of his sessions.