Professional Development Day
£500.00 exc VAT
- Stock: 20
Andy Gleadhill is internationally renowned for his completely practical, hands-on teacher training sessions and these can be delivered at your school or organisation for groups of up to 20 teachers at a time.
A typical CPD inset day could include 2 intensive instrumental sessions (for example a morning of African Drumming and an afternoon of Samba) or alternatively, 3 shorter introductory or general sessions in the morning followed by an intensive instrumental session in the afternoon.
Teacher training sessions can also be combined with class sessions for pupils and a combination of CPD training for staff and introductory sessions for pupils can be an excellent way to launch a new Class World Music programme (African Drumming, Samba, Gamelan etc) in a school or group of schools.
MUSIC HUBS PLEASE NOTE:
We are in the process of putting together a programme of Regional CPD Training Days and are actively looking for Hub partners in all UK regions. Hub to provide venue in return for training places. Please contact us to discuss.
As well as hands-on introductions to world music traditions such as African Drumming, Samba and Gamelan, CPD sessions can also be tailored to your organisations specific requirements and can cover a wide range of other Music Education topics, for example:
- Developing instrumental teaching in your school
- Concerts, performances and building school ensembles
- Using music to improve overall school performance
- Delivering a high quality music education using limited resources
- What can I do with the percussion trolley?
- Exam entrance and preparation
- Cultural awareness in music education
- The versatile music teacher
- Identifying talent
- Preparing music messon plans and schemes of work
- Composing with World Music
Andy is also available for one-to-one consultancy sessions.