Jumbie Jam Steel Pan – Desktop – blue
£219.00 (inc VAT)
Age 5 - 16
- Instruments 1
- Players 1
- Stock: 62
- An entertaining beginners' steel pan designed for children
- Tabletop stand version - easy to play on any flat surface
- Authentic Caribbean tone and excellent intonation
- Pan diameter 40cm and skirt depth 6.5cm
- Eight labelled notes cover a range of an octave from G4-G5
- Supplied with mallets and basic beginners' guide leaflet
The Jumbie Jam is by far the best quality and most authentic sounding beginners’ steel pan on the market. It’s the perfect gift to encourage classes of young children to make music together and explore the sounds of the Caribbean.
It has also become popular with older and more advanced musicians looking to add a tropical twist to their lives. It’s named after the Jumbie, a mischievous spirit in Trinidadian folklore. The pan itself is made from premium steel and built to Panyard’s exact specification to ensure perfect intonation and playing ease.
Each pan measures 40cm across and has a 6.5cm shallow skirt. This tabletop version features a small collapsible stand suitable for use on any flat surface. For the standalone model see JJ1058-BL.
The surface features eight labelled notes spanning a major scale from G4-G5. The beginners’ guide leaflet includes 3 songs written in letter grids, along with helpful information on steel pan care and playing techniques. There are also several further books available, each including a CD of backing tracks for classroom playalong.
Often incorrectly referred to as steel drums, the whole instrument vibrates to make a pan’s characteristic Caribbean sound which means they are properly classified as ‘idiophones’, the same family as cymbals. Colours available: – Blue – Grey (steel) – Pink – Purple
One Steel pan – 40cm diameter with 6.5cm shallow skirt.
A small collapsible stand suitable for use on any flat surface (Tabletop version).
The beginners’ guide leaflet includes 3 songs written in letter grids, along with helpful information on steel pan care and playing techniques.
How to Play
You do not have to know how to read music to play the Jumbie Jam Steel Pan, as the notes on the drum and song books are marked by the note letter. Consequently any level player can enjoy immediate success even if they don’t know how to read music.
There are a number of song books available that include a Play-Along CD, allowing the player to play on their own, or jam with the band. The books also include multiple parts providing material to create a Jumbie Jam band or can be played with other instruments promoting family music making.
Advantages for pupils;
- It’s a new, exciting instrument with ‘street cred’
- Students can play a Jumbie Jam Steel Pan without any prior instrumental skills
- It gives instant success and satisfaction
- Pupils get to the music quickly as the notes are labelled with matching sheet music
- Students will have total focus using their right and left brain
- An ‘active’ pupil who may struggle in other areas will learn how to focus having the freedom to move while playing the Jumbie Jam Steel Pan
Special Needs notes;
- Simple and durable design
- No breathing control issues
- No difficult and awkward fingerings to negotiate
- Helps develop hand-eye coordination as well as motor skills
- Easy to Play – giving an immediate feeling of success
- Height adjustable stand built to table top mode for wheelchair accessibility
- Inclusive as special needs pupils can play the Jumbie Jam Steel Pan with the other students
We work with a small number of specialist logistic companies to deliver your order quickly and economically. The delivery method varies, depending on your location and the size of the order, as follows:
Orders up to 5kg – Courier 2 to 3 working day delivery. This would typically include books, smaller instruments, percussion baskets and djembes up to 40cm.
Orders over 5kg – Courier, next working day delivery. Most orders are sent this way.
Large orders – Pallet service, 3 to 5 working day delivery. Used for large orders and those with more fragile contents.
- Above timings are from dispatch date. Time from placing your order will usually be one or two days longer, depending on the order and destination.
- Delivery to offshore or Highland addresses may take longer and may cost more than to UK mainland addresses and we’ll quote and agree the costs with you in advance. Please note that in these cases it’s fine to go ahead and place your order, and there’s no obligation on your part until the delivery costs have been quoted and accepted by you.
- For some destinations, where a courier service isn’t available, we may send by Royal Mail instead.
Orders weighing less than 1kg and not too bulky – Post Office Airmail. This would include books and smaller percussion instruments.
Orders weighing more than about 1kg and large orders – international courier or pallet service. We’ll obtain competitive quotes and agree these with you in advance.
Please note that it’s fine to go ahead and place your international order prior to confirming shipping costs, and that there’s no obligation on your part until the delivery costs have been quoted and accepted by you. Payment for international orders, including shipping costs, is required before dispatch of the goods.
Please let us know straight away if anything arrives damaged or otherwise in a substandard condition and we’ll be happy to replace it, refund the cost or provide you with an alternative product to your satisfaction. Speed is of the essence here as most courier companies will only accept responsibility for damage in transit if the damage is reported within 24 hours of delivery.
In the event of damage, please take photographs, including any damage to the packaging, and email these to us ASAP.
Similarly, if an instrument develops a fault within 12 months of purchase in the course of normal use (though excluding fair wear and tear), please let us know, and we’ll replace it or refund the cost. It’s also very helpful for us to see photos of the issue as this gives us solid information for changing the design, the production method or the packing materials.
But please do contact us before returning any damaged or substandard items. Once we’ve approved their return, please send to: Drums for Schools Limited, 21 Shaftesbury Avenue, Burton Joyce NG14 5GL
We really appreciate your feedback in the case of faults (or if you think an instrument could be improved in any way) and we take all such feedback very seriously indeed.
Free Beginners Guide and Jam Tracks download available with this product.
Click on the link below to download:
There are no reviews yet.