£68.40 (inc VAT)
Age 4 - 18+
- In Stock
- For storing and transporting up to 3 Balinese Gongs
- Excellent value for money
- 50cm and 70cm diameter variations
- High quality, waterproof and built to last
- Fully zipped, wide opening, smooth lining
- Carry handle and shoulder strap
Gongs are expensive, as well as very personal musical instruments, and they can be easily damaged. So it’s very important that they are properly protected when not in use, and when being moved around. Key requirements for a quality gong bag are that it’s well padded, strong and waterproof. It also needs to be easy to carry and easy to take on and off.
These innovative Drums for Schools Gong bags are designed for storing and transporting up to 3 Balinese Gongs together. They are also suitable for single Balinese gongs, Thai gongs and other types of gong. You can add extra padding if your gong is the slimmer orchestral, Meinl or Paiste type.
The bags are excellent value for money – all the more so when you consider that each can protect up to 3 gongs.
The materials and construction are top quality and the bags are built to last.
These Drums for Schools gong bags are made from high quality nylon and they are very strong, well padded and waterproof.
- a fully zipped, wide opening, to make it easy to take the gongs in and out
- hard foam padding
- durable, waterproof nylon exterior
- very strong stitching
- a smooth inner lining
- a sturdy carry handle
- an adjustable nylon shoulder strap
- extra padding to separate the gongs internally.
The storage carry bags are available in two variations:
- smaller size for 12in (30cm), 16in (40cm) and 20in (50cm) diameter Gongs, with bag depth 17cm (outer round) 19cm (centre). If you’ve purchased one of our 20 or 30 player Budget Gamelan sets, then this is the gong bag you’ll need. Purchase the 50cm gong bag here.
- large size for 12in (30cm), 20in (50cm) and 32in (80cm) diameter Gongs, with bag depth 19cm (outer round) 21cm (centre). If you’ve purchased one of our 20 or 30 player Standard or Premium Gamelan sets, then this is the gong stand bag you’ll need. Purchase the 80cm gong bag here.
Please be aware that the carry weight will obviously increase when storing all the Gongs together in this manner, so take care when lifting, handling, manoeuvring and storing.
Bag and internal padding to separate the gongs.
We work with a small number of specialist logistic companies to deliver your order quickly and economically. The delivery method varies, depending on your location and the size of the order, as follows:
Orders up to 5kg – Courier 2 to 3 working day delivery. This would typically include books, smaller instruments, percussion baskets and djembes up to 40cm.
Orders over 5kg – Courier, next working day delivery. Most orders are sent this way.
Large orders – Pallet service, 3 to 5 working day delivery. Used for large orders and those with more fragile contents.
- Above timings are from dispatch date. Time from placing your order will usually be one or two days longer, depending on the order and destination.
- Delivery to offshore or Highland addresses may take longer and may cost more than to UK mainland addresses and we’ll quote and agree the costs with you in advance. Please note that in these cases it’s fine to go ahead and place your order, and there’s no obligation on your part until the delivery costs have been quoted and accepted by you.
- For some destinations, where a courier service isn’t available, we may send by Royal Mail instead.
Orders weighing less than 1kg and not too bulky – Post Office Airmail. This would include books and smaller percussion instruments.
Orders weighing more than about 1kg and large orders – international courier or pallet service. We’ll obtain competitive quotes and agree these with you in advance.
Please note that it’s fine to go ahead and place your international order prior to confirming shipping costs, and that there’s no obligation on your part until the delivery costs have been quoted and accepted by you. Payment for international orders, including shipping costs, is required before dispatch of the goods.
Please let us know straight away if anything arrives damaged or otherwise in a substandard condition and we’ll be happy to replace it, refund the cost or provide you with an alternative product to your satisfaction. Speed is of the essence here as most courier companies will only accept responsibility for damage in transit if the damage is reported within 24 hours of delivery.
In the event of damage, please take photographs, including any damage to the packaging, and email these to us ASAP.
Similarly, if an instrument develops a fault within 12 months of purchase in the course of normal use (though excluding fair wear and tear), please let us know, and we’ll replace it or refund the cost. It’s also very helpful for us to see photos of the issue as this gives us solid information for changing the design, the production method or the packing materials.
But please do contact us before returning any damaged or substandard items. Once we’ve approved their return, please send to: Drums for Schools Limited, 21 Shaftesbury Avenue, Burton Joyce NG14 5GL
We really appreciate your feedback in the case of faults (or if you think an instrument could be improved in any way) and we take all such feedback very seriously indeed.